This post may contain affiliate links and we earn when you purchase through one. You can read the full disclosure here.
When you are afraid your baby may experience colic/reflux when bottle feeding, it is best for you to choose one of the best baby bottles for wind.
An infant’s health is of prime importance for all parents and caretakers. And for that, a lot of research and experimentation is required. The key to a baby’s health is the way they respond to a baby bottle.
While breastfeeding is the ideal feeding system, often, parents and caretakers have to resort to baby bottles.
One of the main issues with infants and babies is their vulnerability during feeding time.
A little bit of air and their digestive system may go for a toss — which is why it is important that they choose the best bottles in order to avoid the wind.
So, which is the best baby bottle that can offer your baby the best feeding experience? Well, it’s one that comes with excellent anti-colic features like the one below.
What’s the Best Bottle for Wind/Colic?
Comotomo Baby Bottle, Green, 5 Ounce (2 Count)
This specific baby bottle is the most popular for gassy and colicky babies! One of the most popular brands out there when it comes to reliable baby bottles is Comotomo.
Their nursing bottles are made of silicone and are in very high demand for coming really close to the experience of breastfeeding for babies.
Not only is it a safer product for the baby to use when they’re nursing. But it’s also easier for the parent or the caretaker to handle the product, be it washing or packing.
It’s designed to help babies make a smooth switch from breast to bottle. The wide mound and the naturally shaped nipple help your baby latch on to the bottle.
While experiencing little disparity between the bottle and breast.
Finally, it’s heat resistant. Whether you want to use it with boiling water, in a dishwasher, or bottle warmer, the bottle stays consistent and safe.
Unlike other baby bottles that come with only one anti-colic vent and do a poor job of eliminating air, this bottle has two vents going for it. It all comes down to pushing the air into the bottle and releasing only milk to keep your fussy baby good feeding time.
Want to see other anti-wind bottles on the list? Read on…
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of our comparison, here is a quick table of content, followed by a bird’s eye view of the best anti-colic baby bottles:
Look at the features and pricing data below on these anti-wind bottles. Then choose one of them:
Reviews of the Best Baby Bottles for Wind/Colic 
1. Comotomo Baby Bottle, Pink – For Gassy Babies
One of the most popular brands out there when it comes to reliable baby bottles is Comotomo.
Their nursing bottles are made of silicone and are in very high demand.
Why? Because they come really close to the experience of breastfeeding for babies.
Not only is it a safer product for the baby to use when they’re nursing.
But it’s also easier for the parent or the caretaker to handle the product, be it washing or packing.
- Easy Latching for Baby – It’s designed to help babies make a smooth switch from breast to bottle. The wide mound and the naturally shaped nipple help your baby latch on to the bottle. As well as experiencing little disparity between the bottle and breast.
- Two Anti-Colic Vents – Unlike other baby bottles that come with only one anti-colic vent and do a poor job of eliminating air, this bottle has two vents going for it. It all comes down to pushing the air into the bottle and releasing only milk to keep your fussy baby good feeding time. These vents help to ensure proper circulation of air so that only the milk gets into your baby’s tummy, further driving down spit-up, burping, and gas.
- Clean With Your Hands – There a lot of interesting features on the Comotomo Natural Bottle. And this is one of them. Instead of looking for/buying new brushes to clean the bottle, you can use your hand and still do a good job. The bottle has a wide opening and a flexible bottom that allows your hand to go in and clean it.
Other Important Details
- Mushy Squishy Material – The bottle is made from a soft silicone material. This gives way to your baby’s hand pressure. Thanks to this, your baby can grab the bottle and take it to the mouth without slipping. Thus enjoying calm peaceful feeding time.
- Safe from Chemicals – As with any baby feeding product, safety comes first. We all know the effects of chemicals like PVC, Phthalate, and BPA can have on a baby when it comes in contact with their food. There, this bottle comes in a clean material, free of toxic and harmful chemicals that could harm your baby.
- Heat Resistant – Who says you can’t have an anti-colic baby bottle that’s also suitable for travel. Get this bottle into your baby warmer to keep your baby’s food warm without the feeling of guilt. Whether you want to use it with boiling water, in a dishwasher, or bottle warmer, the bottle stays consistent and safe.
Overview of Features
- It’s made of silicone.
- It’s an imported product.
- The bottle is designed to avoid bottle rejection.
- It has a wide neck in order for the individual to clean it properly.
- You can safely use it inside a microwave oven, dishwasher, freezer or a boiling pan of water.
- All of these features make it one of the best bottles for windy babies.
- Its dual anti-colic vents ensure that no air enters the baby’s system along with the liquid.
- Its slow flow nipple is perfect for infants who are just getting used to the bottle.
- It has non-leaky vents that is crucial for a baby’s feeding process
- Some customers have stated that they do not get to choose the vent of the nipple, which would have given them the power to select the flow of the liquid for their child.
2. MAM Newborn Baby Bottles for Breastfed Babies
Comfort is key, as is health.
This is why most baby bottles that are designed for a pleasant experience are often equipped with all the machinery that helps avoid unpleasant bowel issues.
MAM Newborn Baby Bottles especially meant for breastfed babies, is one such product that will keep issues such as gas away from the baby’s system.
What this means is that, unlike other bottles, you can use this for your exclusively if your baby is breastfed.
It is one thing to have a bottle that is perfectly suited to your baby and another to just choose a random bottle that you think might get the job done.
Let’s look at its many properties.
- It has an anti-colic structure that comes with textured nipples for an easy transition.
- There is a vent in the base to stabilize the air to avoid it from going inside the tummy.
- It has a small pacifier, designed especially for newborns.
- The orthodontic nipples are meant for the baby’s teeth development and growth.
- It is a four-piece set that makes cleaning very easy and thorough.
- Air escape is impossible with this.
- Some users have complained that the nipple flow is too fast.
- Some users have complained about leakage.
3. Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
Looking for the best anti-colic bottles? Here is one of them!
Most bottles come geared with avoiding common mishaps. This includes the development of wind among babies.
Philips AVENT Anti-Colic Bottle is the most natural way to bottle feed.
Unique comfort petals inside the nipple increase softness and flexibility without nipple collapse.
And the innovative twin valve anti-colic medium flow nipple helps newborns feed comfortably and easily.
One of them is Philips’ Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottle. It’s designed to help common issues such as the development of colic, reflux or gas.
Let’s look at its various features.
- It is specially designed to avoid intestinal issues such as gas.
- It has an AirFree vent system that keeps the air at bay.
- The vent is made up of a singular piece that allows cleaning easy.
- The nipples of the bottle ensure a steady flow of the milk without any air bubbles.
- The valve in the bottle helps in preventing vacuum while digesting.
- The entire bottle is not conducive to microwave heating.
4. LUX Nature Baby Bottle
The LUX Nature Bottle is your best bet if you want to feed your infant or newborn. It’s an excellent accessory for the transition from breastfeeding to bottles.
It’s BPA-free. But it also doubles up as a bottle that allows zero air to get into your baby’s system.
The bottle comes with vents to keep air out, naturally reducing gas, colic, and spit-up.
And since you are looking for a bottle that minimizes reflux while your baby feeds, you’ll value this feature.
Moreover, the material of the bottle feels soft and squishy in the hand. Which resembles a natural letdown of milk.
This helps keeps your baby in the loop, further improving the feeding experience.
Let’s look at the different properties that make the LUX Nature Baby Bottle perfect for your use.
- It has anti-colic properties that avoid gas and discomfort.
- It ensures a steady and proper flow of liquid with its squeezable base.
- The nipples are soft and comfortable enough to latch on to for easy transition.
- The silicone material ensures that the contents of the bottle are safe and hygienic.
- It is durable and light enough to be used by the child without any hassles.
- It is easy to clean and microwave.
- They have only slow flow nipples, meant for newborns.
5. Nuk Simply Natural Bottle
It’s only natural for parents to opt for products that make the baby comfortable. And can also act as a supporting tool for their own use.
Nursing happens to be an extremely significant transition.
And the Nuk Simply Natural Bottle aims to create that atmosphere of organic transition in every home.
Let’s look at its many properties.
The bottle is a one-piece anti-colic system that helps combat gas, colic, and spit-ups.
Not only that, it has a silicone nipple and is entirely free from BPA, BPS, and other materials that may be harmful to your baby.
- Its silicone nipple allows the baby to transition easily from breastfeeding to the bottle.
- The nipple comes with three to nine holes that control the flow of the liquid.
- It is resistant to odor or stains.
- Some users have stated that the caps are difficult to remove.
- Some users have complained about the flat nipples and the inability to clean them.
6. Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
One of the strategies of producing these bottles is to make feeding with them easy.
And also make the use easy for both mom and baby.
Such that these bottles will always be desired by the baby especially.
This is why Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti-Colic Baby Bottle takes all the brownie points for a functional piece.
But also because it serves the purpose of keeping the baby healthy.
The nipple on the bottle doesn’t have any vent at all, so there is little chance that air will mix with your baby’s milk.
And because the bottle also has an air-free bottom vent, there is little chance gas will get into your baby’s tummy.
Plus, no vacuum is creating in the bottle. This can give your baby some tough time while feeding. This is because the air gets mixed with milk, causing reflux.
Let’s look at the different reasons why it’s a perfect accomplice to your baby’s health.
- It has a vent to ensure that no air seeps into the bottle to cause inconvenience to the baby.
- The bottle is free from BPA.
- It is a perfect bottle for those who are transitioning from breastfeeding to bottles.
- The bottle has a wide neck which assists in easy cleaning.
- It has a micro-passage for the vent in order to avoid gas or colic reactions in a baby.
- The nipple area is textured and designed to imitate the breastfeeding experience.
- It is an angled bottle shape that is perfect in all feeding positions.
- Some users have complained about the redesigned version of the bottles.
- Some users have complained about leakage.
7. Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle
Nothing spells comfort more than an everyday object that is customized according to your daily needs.
This is what Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle intends to do.
Clinically tested and BPA-free, this product is meant for a seamless transition.
Its design is Italian made, which brings with it a whole new level of sophistication to its functionality.
Here are some more features for your perusal:
- It has anti-colic properties.
- Its design imitates the breastfeeding experience.
- It has a slow flow type of nipple that is made of silicone.
- It is a three-piece product in order to facilitate easy cleaning.
- Its angled nipples help facilitate the baby’s position and movement while feeding.
- The silicone material provides major help to babies who have difficulty latching on to baby bottles.
- The silicone sleeve additionally helps with the grip.
- The bottle does not work with the Medela systems.
- It is not proven that the bottle is safe in a freezer.
- The bottle does not fit the spectra pump.
8. Playtex Baby Nurser Bottle
Nothing can come closer to breastfeeding.
But when the nursing process starts, the caretaker or the parents need to choose a product that comes closest to the experience.
Not only is the Playtex Baby Nurser Bottle meant for babies who are ready for the transition.
However, it is equally helpful for the parent or the caretaker who is feeding the baby as it makes it easy for them to handle.
- It doesn’t contain any harmful chemical substances.
- The bottle helps control colic and gas.
- It comes with pre-sterilized liners that are disposable.
- It is perfect for newborns and breastfed babies who are in the stage of getting introduced to a bottle.
- The bottles are easy to pack.
- It comprises an easy, one-handed assemblage.
- They only come with medium flow nipples.
- You have to buy an adapter in order to facilitate the Medela pumping system.
9. Lansinoh Momma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle
This product is perfect to reduce the age-old problem of nipple confusion.
Not only that, but you can also reduce wind with the bottle.
The Lansinoh Momma Breastmilk Feeding Bottle comes with a NaturalWave nipple that has been clinically tested to be as conducive to a baby’s needs as possible.
It helps the baby adapt to the nursing bottle.
- It has Lansinoh’s Air Ventilation System that avoids colic, gas or spit-ups.
- The vertical grooves installed within the venting system allows the nipples to be collapse resistant.
- The nipple is made of silicone.
- It has a hygienic and protective cap along with a collar that prevents leakage.
- The bottle is BPS and BPA-free.
- It helps with bottle rejection.
- It’s not ideal for getting manhandled by babies since it is susceptible to damage.
- They are not cheap.
Take a look at some other valuable mentions:
- PRESS-TO-CLOSE, TWIST-TO-OPEN (PCTO )- Hassle-free handling with no spillage; one handed closure (Patent Pending). PRECAUTIONARY DESIGN: If the liquid in the bottle is too hot (above 70 deg Celsius),...
- MORE NUTRIENTS, LESS AIR- Air venting bypasses the milk, minimizing air bubbles & oxidation of nutrients. Built-in anti-colic air vent reduces air intake.
- MIMICS A MOTHERS’S BREAST- elliptical-shaped silicone teat simulate a latching experience, making breast and bottle feeding combination possible. Off-center teat enables your baby to feed in natural...
- BPA, BPS, PVC, & PHTHALATES FREE- created with FDA compliant and NSF certified PPSU that combines advantages of both glass and plastic material; lightweight & odor free; Shatter resistant and...
- STACKABLE & EASY TO CLEAN- “soft-square” design prevents the bottle from rolling away and allows it to be stackable to optimize storage; REMINDER 5OZ BOTTLES COME WITH SLOW FLOW TEATS; 8OZ BOTTLES...
- BPA-free, easy-to-clean 8oz bottle with one ultra flexible silicone stage 1 (slow flow) nipple and one sealing disc
- Doctor recommended for healthy feeding and sleeping
- Preferred 2:1 over Dr. Brown’s
- Nipple stretches, flexes and pumps just like the breast for a correct latch every time
- Anti-colic valve is uniquely located at the bottom of the bottle to reduce gassiness and fussiness
- ANGLED SHAPE - Keeping your baby comfortable and reducing fussiness is why this bottle was designed with an angled shape, promoting a semi-upright feeding position. The shape and position can help...
- PREMIUM VENTING - Evenflo Feeding's patented Proflo Venting Technology was developed to ensure milk bubbles stay in the bottle and not in your baby's tummy. This gentle, 1-piece venting system helps...
- EASY TO CLEAN - Designed with only 3 pieces, the Vented Plus Angled Baby Bottles can be easily assembled and disassembled for a quick, thorough cleaning between feedings. And because there are only a...
- EASY TO HOLD - The smartly designed ergonomic and angled shape coupled with the soft, comfortable grips make the Evenflo Feeding's Angled Baby Bottles easy to hold when feeding, ensuring both you and...
- BPA FREE - You're committed to your child's safety and so is Evenflo Feeding. Their baby bottles are 100% free of BPA, polycarbonates, PVC, and phthalates.
Factors to Consider When Choosing
There are some very important things you should consider when choosing the best bottles for colic.
Let’s look at the things to consider while buying a baby bottle for nursing.
Now, you understand the importance of choosing the right bottles to prevent colic in your baby.
Let’s look at the different parameters of choosing baby bottles that avoid causing wind in babies.
Here they are:
1. Angled Bottles
There are thousands of angled bottles for babies out there. It’s crucial for you to choose the kind of baby bottle that avoids colic and reflux.
Which is why angled baby bottles play a role in terms of avoiding such situations.
Let’s look at why:
- It Has a Bottom Vent: The bottom valve helps in capturing most of the air in the bottle and stabilizes the flow of the milk.
- Features Travel Covers: Angled bottles often come with travel covers which helps while transporting, while keeping the excess air bubbles at bay.
- The Bottle is Easy to Clean: The bottles with two vents are usually easier to clean from the top and bottom, which leads to a rather hygienic way of sustenance.
- It is Easy to Hold: Angled bottles are way easier to hold for babies since it allows them to angle the bottle according to their convenience. The angle is also perfect for the baby and helps avoid ear infections.
Therefore, angled bottles for babies makes bottle feeding extremely easy. Not only because your baby can hold them better, but because their design makes it easy to feed with them.
2. Sensitive Stomach Bottles
There are some bottles that come designed to prevent situations like wind among the babies.
These anti-colic bottles come equipped with accessories and are easy to handle by babies as well as their parents or caretakers.
- Built-in Temperature Stabilizer: These bottles come with a built-in system that stabilizes the temperature of the liquid inside.
- Comes with a Travel Cover: These bottles are equipped with travel covers, which help to carry the bottle on the go at any time and any place.
- It Comes with Anti-Colic Nipples: The bottle comes with nipples that are conducive to creating gas inside a baby’s system.
- It has a Wide Neck: Not only are wide baby bottlenecks helpful in cleaning up its machinery, but it also assists in anti-colic tendencies.
3. The Flow of the Bottle
The first most important feature for the bottle is to ascertain the flow of the liquid. As long as the baby is breastfeeding, they manage to control the flow of the milk.
With bottles, however, babies have no control and the flow, hence, must be determined by choosing the right nipple.
Let’s look at the different kinds of flows:
- Slow Flow: This kind of flow ensures that the milk trickles into the baby’s mouth slowly. It also allows the baby to form his own exercise of sucking.
- Fast Flow: With the fast flow, the baby may lose their ability to go back to latching on to breastfeeding since they will be so used to the free flow of the milk.
4. The Nipple of the Bottle
Naturally, the baby will respond more to the texture and the softness of the nipple of the bottle that closely matches the experience of breastfeeding. This is why choosing the right nipple is crucial for the baby bottle.
- Wide Shape: For most babies, soft and wide nipples are more conducive to proper sucking. The baby is additionally able to transition from breastfeeding to nursing with a baby bottle.
- Narrow Shape: For most babies, the narrow shape is preferable in terms of latching on, just like they did when they were breastfeeding.
5. The Material of the Bottle
The material of the bottle is the first thing that most caretakers and parents look at. Let’s look at the different kinds.
- Glass Bottle: Glass, or even borosilicate glass, is usually a choice for the fact that they can be put in a fridge. Or in a boiling pan of water without the surface spoiling.
- Silicone Bottle: Innovation has brought the simple idea of a baby bottle into the world of customized experience, wherein the infant can reach out to an object that feels like a breast.
- Silicone ensures that the shape of the bottle is familiar and allows a slow flow of the milk.
- Stainless Steel: It may be a good conductor of heat but these bottles are usually not safe. Neither can you figure out how much liquid there is in the bottle, nor is the shape and feel of steel comfortable for a baby.
6. Build Strong Relationship With Your Baby
While breastfeeding is always the best option for babies, most mothers often opt for nursing in case breastfeeding is not possible for them at a certain point.
Building a nursing relationship is very important and keen knowledge about how to approach it is very important.
It becomes a very sensitive subject especially when mothers or caretakers have to figure out how to introduce the baby to such a change.
This is why we bring to you the definitive guide to choosing baby bottles for nursing.
This is to ensure that you know your stuff. And allow the baby to nurture a smooth relationship with the baby bottle.
Now that you have everything you need to know before buying an anti-colic bottle, you are now ready to buy one. The next step is to choose one of the selections of top-quality bottles in this guide.
In the in-depth reviews of each model, you’ll see the features, pros, and cons of each saw.
With this detailed guide, it should be easy for you to choose the bottle that will suit your baby’s needs.
Every baby’s needs are different.
And it’s pertinent on the part of the parents or the caretakers that they experiment as much as they can.
This is simply by introducing various methods to the children in order to figure out what nursing method suits their child.
This makes it safer for your child especially if you are going outdoors.
When you are choosing the best anti-wind bottles for your baby, you need to first set yourself criteria.
Are you going to be using it in your travels?
Want to buy it for a breastfed baby?
Or just looking for something durable?
By answering the questions, it becomes easy to choose the best anti-wind bottles.
With that in mind, it’s easy to sift through the options and choose the best baby bottle for wind.
And since you already know you want to reduce gas and colic in your baby while feeding, it makes sense to choose a bottle that can help you do just that.
And in order to provide your child with comfort and happiness, you must preview all the options around you.
Every baby has different needs, so it is only better than you make your selection based on your baby’s requirements. Not based on what others are doing.
With a little thinking and careful analysis, you can choose the best baby bottles for wind and reduce colic in your baby.
Finally, our recommended baby bottle for wind is the Comotomo Baby Bottle, Pink, 5 Ounce (2 Count).