generationOn will recognize 3 Kids Care Clubs and 3 Service Clubs with a 'Club of the Year Award' to celebrate and highlight excellence in the Club program. Winners will be celebrated with a special email blast, a blog and through our social media channels. Winners will receive a $500 service continuation grant.
In order to be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be registered as a generationOn Club. Clubs must have registered prior to October 1, 2016 to be eligible for this year's award.
- Have submitted a minimum of 3 Service Trackers during the 2016-2017 school year
- Participated in one of the following generationOn campaigns: Rules of Kindness, Family Volunteer Day, Joy Maker Challenge, MLK Day of Service or Make Your Mark on Hunger.
- Completed the biannual Clubs Survey - Information submitted through the survey will be used to supplement the Club of the Year application. Complete the survey here.
- Be based in the United States
- Not have received the Club of the Year award in the past
Applications will be judged based on the criteria below:
- Service: Clubs that demonstrate excellence in this category will have completed and recorded at least 3 service projects over the course of the school year through the generationOn Clubs Service Tracker.
- Participation in generationOn programs: Clubs that demonstrate excellence in this category will have participated in at least one generationOn Campaign or Day of Service (Rules of Kindness, Family Volunteer Day, Joy Maker Challenge, MLK Day of Service, Make Your Mark on Hunger or Global Youth Service Day).
- Creativity and Innovation: Clubs that demonstrate excellence in this category will have implemented a diverse array of service projects considered to be 'unique' or 'innovative'. This could include, but is not limited to, projects that 1) serve or reach a 'hard to reach' population 2) contain multiple and unique learning outcomes for youth engaged or 3) have not been done before.
- Youth Outcomes: Clubs that demonstrate excellence in this category will be able to tell a robust story of the impact club participation has had on youth engaged. Youth outcomes could be measured through surveys, interviews or video testimonial.
- Community Impact: Clubs that demonstrate excellence in this category will have demonstrated significant community impact through their service. This could include, but is not limited to, the donation, creation or distribution of items and/or the education of people as a result of the service.
The deadline to apply is May 24, 2017. Apply today!