Congratulations to the Today's the Day generationOn Service Club from Clarence Center, New York for being selected as the September Club of the Month. Club members use love and care at the core of their volunteer experiences to bring smiles and joy to people in the community. This Club organizes fundraisers and drives to collect donations for people and animals in need. Learn more about their service experience below:
- The Today's the Day generationOn Service Club has completed ten projects and 279 hours of service. Projects covered social issues tackling poverty, homelessness, health, literacy and senior citizens.
- For the International Day of the Girl, Club members made inspirational bead bracelets to raise awareness about global goals aimed at young girls around the world reaching their full potential and accessing to leadership positions.
- Club members collected and donated 30 books to the Seneca/Babcock Boys and Girls Club of Buffalo to help young kids improve their reading skills.
- In partnership with Buffalo City Mission shelter, Club members created and donated 45 care packages for men and women.
- Members organized a garage sale to raise money for the Sandy Hook Promise Non-profit. This non-profit was founded and led by family members who lost loved ones during the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. Their goal is to raise awareness about gun violence and how to provide support to victims.